ACCIDENT AND EMERGENCY SERVICES
In our efforts to provide total and complete healthcare services, KPJ Damansara Specialist Hospital (KPJ DSH) is equipped with two ambulances that can be dispatched to pick up and transfer patients to and from the hospital.
This was developed as a way to respond to the demand of a rapid and reliable mode of transport in emergency situations, as an extension of our emergency medical services.
With dedicated professionals providing high quality treatment and reponse, our services include the stabilization and transport of both adult and paediatric patients, new borns, infants and high risk maternity patients.
Mobilizing the necessary medical crew, equipment and coordinating necessary arrangement for patient transfer, our ambulance nurses are specialized in Basic Support and Advance Life Support requirements and equipped with all the resuscitation, monitoring and life support skills required.
Our spacious, comfortable and most importantly safe ambulances include among others, state-of-the-art facilities such as:
1. A transport incubator
2. A portable ventilator for adult and paediatric
3. A high end patient monitor
4. A portable suction
5. An Automatic External Defibrilator (AED)
6. Intubation equipment/ Trauma bag / Resuscitation equipment
7. Oxygen supply
8. Immobilizer splint
9. A lightweight, foldable patient stretcher, capable of holding a maximum weight of 250kg
10. Trained EMTs
11. A well trained and experienced ambulance driver certified in Basic Life Support